Monday, April 9, 2012

Guest Author Post - Kimberly S. Lin


A little over a week ago I reviewed a great book "Recession Proof" by Kimberly S. Lin. 

Today I am excited that Kimberly will be a guest blogger here at Mommy's Reading Too!  I asked her to let us know the story behind the book.




Recession Proof started out as a way for me to express how I felt as a young twenty-something professional working in today’s economic landscape. I think there’s an incredible sense of fear and uncertainty when you’re in your twenties and for today’s twenty-somethings, it’s exacerbated by the Recession. So many times, people sacrifice their passions to simply get by. I wanted to create a contemporary “heroine” that experiences all these fears and challenges but manages to triumph and have a little fun along the way.


But for me personally, I was inspired by my mom to quit my job in corporate finance and pursue what I really love. After she retired, she was really honest with me and said that she couldn’t even remember what she loved to do after working in the corporate world for 25 years. I just decided that I didn’t want my life to start at 55. I wanted it to start now.


Truly, I don't regret my financial experience since publishing is still a business at the end of the day. But I always knew I was always really good at writing, especially story-telling. There’s a unique sense of fulfillment I feel when creating something out of nothing. And it makes me happy, plain and simple.

More About Kimberly S. Lin:  
Kimberly S. Lin, a California native, g raduated from UC Irvine with a degree in Economics. After college, she moved to Los Angeles and worked as a financial writer and hedge fund analyst but always dreamed of becoming a women's literature writer. Utilizing her experiences, she writes stories that are witty, heartwarming and relatable to the modern woman. She is the publisher of Minted Magazine, a career and lifestyle magazine empowering women and working on her second novel.




No comments:

Post a Comment