Saturday, December 17, 2011

Blog Tour Stop For Noah Zarc By D. Robert Pease




Middle School Fantasy (ages 9 - 14 as suggested by author)

Excerpt from author's website:


"Fire roared beneath me even as the ever-thinning air grew colder. The thrusters on my boots shuddered. The thermsuit popped and rattled, and I felt sure it would disintegrate before I tore free of Earth’s gravity.

And if it didn’t, my sister would kill me.
The blue sky darkened. I didn’t dare look down. Turning my head could send me careening off course, plummeting toward the surface fifty kilometers below. A blip on my heads-up display beeped. I’d pulled away from the assassin-bots, but I knew they were still there, watching me    rocket toward the cold depths of space." And so starts the story of Noah Zarc.

Noah lives for piloting spaceships through time, dodging killer robots and saving Earth’s animals from extinction. Life couldn’t be better. However, the twelve-year-old time traveler soon learns it could be a whole lot worse. His mom is abducted and taken to thirty-first century Mars; his dad becomes stranded in the Ice Age; and Noah is attacked at every turn by a foe bent on destroying a newly habitable, post-apocalyptic Earth.

Traveling through time in the family’s immense spaceship, Noah, a paraplegic from birth, must    somehow care for the thousands of animals on board, while finding a way to rescue his parents. Along the way, he discovers his mother and father aren’t who he thought they were, and there is strength inside him he didn’t know he had.

This story is a clever take on the story of Noah's Ark. Thousands of years in the future a family is time traveling to rescue pairs of animals, to protect the species from upcoming natural disasters.

The story is fast-paced, with never ending adventure. I think this would be a great story for those 9 and up who are reluctant readers. The story is easy enough for the child to understand and paced well to keep them excited and interested! Not only is there a fun story but there are strong underlying themes that will make the child think about preserving the earth and showing them that there are no obstacles to big to get in the way of doing the things you want. Noah goes on these adventures even though he has no use of his legs!

This is a definite hidden gem for young and old alike. Be sure to get your little ones reading this whether it takes bribery to get them to look at a book, or, they have read your entire local library and they need new options!



Discover ways to connect with the author by visiting his site at www.drobertpease.com


Guess what? You could win a $50 Amazon gift card as part of this special blog tour. That’s right! Just leave a comment below saying something about the post you just read, and you’ll be entered into the raffle. I could win $50 too by having the most comments. So tell your friends to stop by and comment on this post too!


GIVEAWAY

Win 1 of 5 copies of the paperback version of Noah Zarc: Mammoth Trouble by entering the giveaway on GoodReads.



BOOK TRAILER





THANK YOU! for visiting. And don't forget to comment below for that chance to win the $50 Amazon gift card. And of course head on over to your favorite online book store and buy a copy of Noah Zarc: Mammoth Trouble, for you or for the kids in your life.


Amazon Paperback | Amazon Kindle | Barnes & Noble Nook | Apple iBookstore | Smashwords | Diesel eBook Store | CreateSpace Paperback | Amazon UK | Amazon France | Amazon Germany

 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for your review. I'm glad you liked the book. I always love to hear when people think it'd be a good read for reluctant readers. I love to see kids who aren't crazy about reading finding a book that turns that around for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that this book is for old and young, beginning sci-fi and long time fans and avid and reluctant readers. This book has something for everyone. Nice review!
    http://spottoread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read this book- but I have been hearing a lot about it lately. It sounds fantastic. I would love to read it and have added it to my list! I love MG books and the plot sounds very unique. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ~Jess
    http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete